24.5.11

Richard Feynman - "Take the world from another point of view"


part 2: http://youtu.be/xnzB_IHGyjg
part 3: http://youtu.be/uNOghidK2TY
part 4: http://youtu.be/mvqwm6RbxcQ


who was richard feynman?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feynman
http://youtu.be/qWabhnt91Uc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKTSaezB4p8&feature=related 


some comments on this video from YouTube
"Feynman's demeanor was like a friendly hot-dog street vender from Queens, masking an awsome mind. His severely sharp knife cut deep into the meat of reality.
SIMKINETICS 10 months ago 3

Feynman was a terrific improbable combination of a number of traits - openminded inquisitiveness, great personality, great with words, passionate, and other things. The world is filled with people that excel in one or more of those, but to see them all lined up in one person is rare.

waperboy 1 year ago 159

An extraordinary bore who is extraordinarily excited with himself will probably excite other bores. Obama, while bombing several countries killing thousands, won a peace price. You're not as smart as you think you are.
EdFugg 8 months ago

Obviously a very substantial ego...Couldn't detect even a hint of genius and this documentary strikes me as propagandistic. Very sobering to ponder on this guy being a nobel laureate...
suddenlyitsobvious 8 months ago

This guy is a good role model for any young man, and that's an understatement. Thoughtful and open-minded, yet confident and assertive, on top of a million other wonderful things. If I had to pick someone as the most inspirational and influential person upon my life, I would pick this man. He inspired me to quit abusing my mind and body, let go of my troubled roots, stop worrying about what others think, and to pursue my passion for physical science.
itchcity 2 months ago 5

@likeroby Truth is, there's a million people just like him popping up all over the planet. Difference is, they don't have parents like his, they don't have the books he had, they may not have food or water. He was allowed to flourish. That is what an emotionally and intellectually nourished child looks like when he grows up. Imagine if he had the chance to grow up in a world filled with people of similar experiences. That's the idea behind jacque fresco's the venus project.
Icemario87 2 months ago

The strange thing for me about watching Feynman, is that everything he says seems like common sense that I've already thought of. Then I see other people call him a genius and a great philosopher, and I realize this isn't how the average Joe thinks. This doesn't make me feel smart, but rather makes me feel that the average person is quite stupid.
And of course, now I come off as an arrogant prick.
ChudFapper 2 months ago

Damn,I wish I were a genius. Every time I try to see the world from another point of view, people tell me to shut the hell up.
MomoTheBellyDancer 1 month ago

I do not want to be exactly like this great man. But some of his qualities, like what TheeVoiceOfReason pointed out to be "a skill of creativity while always thinking critically" and the jubilance he displays in this interview is something that I strive to emulate, for these are fundamental human characteristics that naturally foster content & potential for greatness in your desired field of study.
FissionNonStop 3 months ago

The thing I hold dearest is my ability to always question what I think is absolute. I thank Feynman for this. R.I.P. Richard.
1isaacmusic 3 months ago

FASCINATING SCIENTIST WALKS WITH HIS SWEET SON AT YORKSHIRE SUCH TEAR JERKING CAPTURE.I WONDER IF HE COULD CONSIDER TO STOP AND TAKE THE SCENERY OF THE WORLD FROM ANOTHER POINT OF VIEW VISUALIZING THOUSANDS OF CHILDREN WERE TRYING TO WASH OF RADIATIOIN FROM THEIR BADLY BURN SKINS FROM THE ATOMICBOMB HE DESIGNED???OW HE COULD ONLY RECALL THE CELEBRATION PARTY AFTER SUCCESS WHERE HE PERFORMED HIS BONGO.WHAT A MORALNIHILIST AS.... BUT HEY HE IS ALSO A SOCIAL SCIENTIST A COGNETIVE SCIENTIST ETCETC
artregeous 7 months ago

I notice when you get past a certain level of intelligence you seem to have a perm-a-grin like Einstein and Feynman. I think knowing the difference between what we want and need is the breaking point for true happiness.
dwhs 8 months ago

Richard Feynman, yet another reason I gave up religion; pretending to know everything while knowing nothing.
IlovemyGlock21 8 months ago

Developing a skill of creativity while always thinking critically is a mind at it's best. Einstein might be a historic example of that and in a way I see Feynman that way too.
TheeVoiceOfReason 3 months ago

He sounds like a genius NY cab driver
phraedusthamusicdigr 2 months ago"